Welcome to Temiskaming
Temiskaming is the hidden treasure of Northern Ontario. For over a hundred years, people have been drawn to the rich Claybelt agricultural area, abundant boreal forests, prosperous mines and breathtaking views.
Only 5 hours north of Toronto, Temiskaming is situated on Lake Temiskaming, the headwaters of the Ottawa River, on the border of Northwestern Quebec. Surrounded by the Temagami / Lady Evelyn-Smoothwater wilderness region, Temiskaming is one of the most diverse regions in Ontario.
Temiskaming has all the amenities and services of a larger centre including schools, daycares, colleges, and hospitals. We have welcoming restaurants and cafés to suit all budgets and tastes. For the shopper, we have quaint boutiques, big box stores, clothing and giftware, spas and salons. With four seasons of fun, minutes from your door, living in Temiskaming provides a much sought after work / life balance.
What is special about living in Temiskaming:
- Fresh air and wide open spaces
- Breathtaking scenery
- Friendly northern hospitality
- Abundance of lakes and rivers to swim or fish
- Trails, parks and forests to explore by foot, bike, snowmobile or ATV
- Thriving artistic and cultural community with live theatre, art galleries and museums
- Numerous festivals and events for the whole family
- Affordable access to recreation activities including hockey, soccer, horseback riding, skiing, bowling, dance, curling, swimming, golf, and sailing for children and adults alike.
Whether you’re looking for a quiet place to unwind, a friendly, safe and affordable place to retire or raise your family, or an escape from the noise and congestion of the city, we invite you to come see why we say;
Temiskaming ... it’s more than a destination, it’s a lifestyle.